Before the examination:
- electric cardiac pacemaker. In some cases, the examination is possible, however a written consent from an attending cardiologist should be delivered.
- metal objects in a heart (e.g. an artificial heart valve) or in an examined body part. Titanium parts are allowed.
Patients taking oral anticoagulants should take low-molecular-weight heparin for three days prior to the test (after consultation with an attending doctor). Using aspirin is not contradicted.
Preparation for the examination:
Information that should be reported to the examining person:
- On the day of the examination, in the morning wash an examined part of the body with soap and water.
- Do not rub lotion, oil or cream onto your skin.
- During winter time, it is necessary to warm up an examined extremity.
- Inform about all prescribed medicaments being taken (especially about anticoagulants and drugs prolonging bleeding time) and present diseases.
- During the examination, inform about sudden abnormal symptoms.